Rosacea flare-ups can affect your facial skin and give you a reddish, textured appearance lasting up to several months. It is a skin condition that brings out the redness of abnormal blood vessels and can affect anyone, especially middle-aged women with fair skin.
While there is no cure for rosacea, you can take steps to control and minimize the visible signs of this condition. At Advanced Aesthetics, we deliver comprehensive aesthetic rosacea treatment in OKC. Our minimally invasive face and body solutions are delivered by a professional staff skilled at using the latest technology and best industry practices to treat skin conditions like rosacea.
What Treatment Is Offered For Rosacea?
Rosacea treatment for OKC patients can vary depending on symptoms and their severity. For aesthetic treatments, we offer Candela VBEAM technologies, an efficient pulsed dye laser (PDL) treatment introduced in 2005.
Using the VBEAM laser, our aesthetic service providers can deliver laser therapy solutions with minimal side effects, little to no discomfort, and almost no disruptions to your day-to-day tasks. Laser treatments remove unwanted visible blood vessels by directing a highly concentrated light beam that seals the targeted vessel portion shut. This reroutes your blood flow, causes your body to absorb the damaged blood vessel, and removes it from discoloring your face.
What Is the Treatment Time For Rosacea?
The VBEAM procedure takes as little as 10 minutes to perform. Factors such as the size of the area affected by blood vessels could affect the total treatment time. However, expect the entire process to take less than an hour.
After treatment, minor side effects such as redness, swelling, and bruising can persist for up to one week. Most patients need up to five treatments spaced four weeks apart, though this can vary more or less depending on your skin condition. It can take a few months to see your rosacea symptoms reduce.
The results of rosacea treatment patients can vary. To maximize the effects of laser therapy, you may need additional treatment sessions. You should also follow our staff’s recommendation for proper skin care and sun protection for the best results.
What is The Price for Rosacea Treatment?
VBEAM treatments are priced per area for every session. Because the area size can vary per patient, expect the total cost to range from $100 to $425 per treatment session. You can consult with one of our providers for a more accurate quote on your skin’s treatment.
What Are The Side Effects of Rosacea Treatment?
- Some patients who have undergone laser therapy report a sensation of warmth and cold, similar to the feeling of a rubber band hitting the skin. This feeling could continue a few hours after your treatment.
- Following your session, you may experience side effects such as swelling, redness, and bruises. These can be treated with home remedies and over-the-counter solutions, taking around one week to subside.
- Our staff will guide you through proper aftercare practices. Avoid activities like workouts, swimming, and contact sports immediately after treatment, but little to no downtime is required.
Who Is NOT A Candidate For Rosacea Treatment?
- Patients currently undergoing Accutane treatments
- Pregnant patients
- Patients sensitive to PDL light or have reacted negatively to laser treatments in the past
- Patients with symptoms that haven’t ruled out other conditions such as acne, contact dermatitis, lupus, and keratosis pilaris.
- Patients with symptoms of keratitis
Before you can schedule VBEAM treatments to treat your rosacea, patients must book an initial consultation. We can advise you whether you are a good candidate for rosacea treatment in OKC or if you should seek other alternatives.