Repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, or raising your eyebrows can cause your skin to furrow and fold, gradually resulting in the formation of facial lines. BOTOX® Cosmetic is a quick treatment that works beneath the surface of your skin and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in as little as 6-8 days, with maximum benefits seen within 10-14 days. Treatments often last 3 to 4 months. BOTOX® Cosmetic can also be used to treat hyperhidrosis (severe underarm sweating), these treatments often last 6-8 months.
Advanced Aesthetics is a Botox® Preferred Clinic, earning Allergan’s highest practice distinguishing level of Diamond Status. Our staff has a combined 25 + years of injector experience using the most advanced techniques, and can customize these treatments to meet your individual cosmetic needs.
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® is the most popular cosmetic treatment in the United States. The first and only treatment FDA-approved to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow's feet and forehead lines look better in adults. Using Botulinum type A, BOTOX® is an injectable neuromodulator that works to relax nerve- muscle imbalances; injected muscles will temporarily stop moving, causing wrinkle formation to cease.
What is the treatment time for BOTOX® Cosmetic?
After consultation with a provider, the injection treatment time is relatively quick. Clients are typically in and out of the office in 30 minutes. BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments offer minimal discomfort and no downtime.
What is the price for a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
Treatment is priced based on the number of units needed by the client to reach their desired result. This price will vary from patient to patient due to the options of the applicable treatment area (crow’s feet, forehead, glabella). Our price for BOTOX® Cosmetic starts at $12.50/unit. On average, most patients receive between 30-60 units per treatment.
What are the side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Although BOTOX® side effects are rare and temporary, potential cases include:
- Mild drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow
- Slight bruising at the site of injection
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
- Mild headache
These potential side effects are quite rare and typically resolve within two weeks.
Who is NOT a candidate for BOTOX® Cosmetics?
- Pregnant or nursing patients
- The effects of BOTOX® in patients with significant neurological disease is unknown and should be used with caution in patients with conditions such as Myasthenia Gravis, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, and Parkinson’s
- BOTOX® should be used with caution in patients who are taking drugs known to interfere with neuromuscular transmission
- BOTOX® should not be administered to patients with known allergies to the neurotoxin or human albumin.
For more information please visit botoxcosmetic.com